Are you still sending your plain traditional CV to potential employers hoping they will read the document all the way through? Wake up! You’re losing out on the opportunity to captivate, mesmerize and catch your dream job without a video CV!
Why should you record your Video CV?
An employer in recruitment would book a candidate with a video presentation 20 times faster over someone that only supplies a CV or a presentation letter. A good quality video will boost your job offers and will give your staffing agency a very valuable document to get the client to know you better.
Considerations while recording a Video CV
- Body language & personality. When the client or the agency sees you “in action”, they get a clearer picture of your charisma. Try not to exaggerate your moves!
- Motivation & interest. Taking the time to record a video presentation shows interest in the staffing agency you want to work with.
- Language skills. Prove your language skills while introducing yourself. Hearing is believing!
- Core competencies. If you want to stand out amongst other candidates, make sure you summarize your most outstanding achievements from your studying and working experience. Don’t bore your recruiter with unnecessary details of your resume.
- Real-life appearance. No Photoshop is used at a video presentation. You will give your recruiter a chance to see how your professionalism and character are.
- Chances to be booked. Your agency is more likely to send you job offers if you have a video presentation, especially if your recruiters don’t know you personally. Therefore your chances to be booked increase!
Tips for Recording a Video CV
- Film in COLOR and HORIZONTALLY!
- Use your phone to record only if the image quality from the camera is high. Laptop cameras, compact cameras and any other professional devices will give a better result.
- Make sure you’re professionally dressed and groomed. Choose a semi-corporate look or a plain shirt and natural look. Read our Dress Code Guidelines and Grooming Standards to clarify all your doubts.
- Record yourself from the waist up.
- DON’T READ! Preparing yourself with some notes is fine but don’t read a full script on camera. You can record as many times as you like until you are happy with the result you are sending to your agency.
- SMILE! Be precise, be fun and act with confidence! Clients will choose candidates who smile and act with confidence 3 times faster than any other candidate.
- NO video documentary! Keep your presentation under 2 minutes. You may risk the client to drop out and not watch your presentation fully.
- Choose a good light & background! Avoid shadows, untidy environments and noisy backgrounds as they will distract your recruiter. Consider a front natural light and a neutral silent background for you to shine!
8 Questions to Answer in your Video CV
- What’s your first name and where are you from? Don’t mention your last name, for privacy reasons.
- What have you studied?
- What languages do you speak at a high level?
- Do you have experience in events? If yes, briefly describe some roles or important clients you’ve worked with.
- If you have a lot of experience in events, what type of events and roles do you like the most and why?
- What are your strong professional skills? Why should our clients book you?
- Are you a good seller? Presenter? Is there anything you want to remark that you’re particularly good at?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
If you have finished recording your masterpiece, feel free to send it to email@example.com. The Project Managers from Golden Goose Events will contact you and invite you to create your account in our database if you haven’t done so already. Your CV Video Presentation will be uploaded to our Youtube Channel in a private mode and it will only be accessible to the people receiving the link.
If the video is too large to send by email, you can use Wetransfer, a free service platform in which you can upload up until 2GB. We will download it upon receipt and upload it to your profile.
What are you waiting for? Create your video CV to stand out amongst the crowd. Get your camera, smile and start recording!